PD DEVITEC (6G)
Pulp devitalizing paste, Arsenic free.
Devitalizing paste without Arsenic should be used when a preparation which does not contain Arsenic is advised. The active ingredient is Polyoxymethylene, a coagulant which acts on albumin and confers the required fi brous consistency to the pulp to facilitate its subsequent extirpation. Lidocaine Hydrochloride is an anæsthetic to relieve pain and calm irritation.
Devitalization of the pulp
Directions for use:
- Eliminate, as far as possible, the dentine of the decayed cavity in order to ensure close contact with the pulp. Close contact of the paste with the pulp accelerates the devitalizing process.
- Insert a small quantity of paste into the base of the cavity and seal hermetically with a temporary obturation.
- Devitalization is completed within about 7 days.
- If the preparation cannot be brought in close contact with the pulp, a second treatment might be necessary in a 2nd seat.
- After devitalization, a permanent root canal filling can be placed once the pulp is totally removed and pain relief is complete
Polyoxymethylene 46 %, Lidocaine Hydrochloride 37 %, excipient ad 100 %